In December 2015 finally all needed paperwork is done an now I can ask for money for the building of a new school.
We have already around 9000 Euro and I asked Sanjeev, to start the
I am very happy, that the building will come now and ask for support
to everybody, who wants and can help
Here you can see the costs of the whole building:
1- 90 chair and table made by iron and wood------ 198000 Rs.
The pictures on the right side speak for themselves.
The following reasons show clearly why I am deeply motivated to get a school building for the children:
- It depends totally on the weather conditions whether
lessons can take place. Most children sit in the plain air.
- In March 2013 lessons had to start at 7 am because
at 10 am it was already unbearable 40 degrees.
- In January and February 2014 it rained very much
and it was so cold, that many days no teaching was
- It is entirely impossible to hold classes during the
hottest periods, when it is raining, and the same in the
monsoon season. This adds up to many weeks during
- There is no place to affix any visual teaching
- Many snakes live in the region. The ruins are an El
Dorado for snakes, everywhere are heaps of stones.
After school is finished no one would enter this area.
I once saw a very poisonous snake very close to the
children, which frightened me very much.
- In the morning the teachers have to search for
snakes and remove them before the children can
- There is no medical care available, nor money to pay
- There are no toilets. The girls must run home, the
boys use the environment.
- The very few materials are kept in a small, dark room
quite a distance away. Bad luck if you forgot something...
- Something like a staff-room for the teachers does
- Everybody can enter the place whenever he wants.
Following ideas were developed with Sanjeev, the head of the school, Pappu, his brother in law and a very nice
Sanjeev will donate a very nice plot of land.
This land belongs now to the trust for safety reasons.
The building will be in U-shape, surrounded by fruit trees.
These rooms are needed:
7 classrooms for 7 grades
1 general-purpose room
1 room for gymnastics
1 staff-room for teachers and materials
The entire project will cost about 78.000 Euro.
Sanjeev and I asked the villagers to help with the construction work. The response was positive.
On July 17th the buildings were breaking down.
Please help the children!